Chungbuk – Center of the Republic of Korea
- Chungbuk, located at the center of the Korean peninsula sitting at the easternmost of the Asian continent, is the birthplace of the central culture continent with the greenest natural environment. It is a transport hub consisting of Cheongju International Airport, KTX Cheongju Station, a grid shaped expressway network and an X-shaped railway network, which makes it possible to travel in all directions and have an easy access to and from anywhere in South Korea within 2 hours.
- As it is realizing its vision, “Bio Village & Solar Village” based on its biomedical innovation industry complex and solar energy industry complex, it is becoming the envy of the nation and beyond that boasts a well balance of tourist attractions and cutting-edge science.
Land of life and the Sun
- Osong in Chungbuk is home to East Asia’s biggest high-tech biomedical innovation foundation and it is the center of bio and heath medical industry clustered with not only 6 government-run institutions including Ministry of Food and Dug, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Korea National Institute of Health, Korea National Institute of Toxicological Research, Korea Health Industry Development Institute, and Korea Human Resource Development Institute for Health and Welfare, but also pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, and other high-tech medical businesses.
Land of life and the Sun
- It operates overseas health promotion centers in five countries, including Russia and China, and 17 ambassadors for medical tourism in seven countries have been appointed to promote medical tourism to the world.
- Every year, the hospital will experience specialized medical programs such as surgery, examination, skin care, plastic surgery and dental treatment at the medical institution.
- In addition, the company is conducting various projects for convenience of foreign patients visiting North Chungcheong Province, such as inviting foreign patients, briefing sessions, and interpretation support.
The Best Wellbeing-themed Tourist Destination – Chungbuk
- Chungbuk is surrounded by national wonders including Sobaek-san National Park, Worak-san National Park and Sonngni-san National Park. The famous tourist attractions include Heungdeok-sa Temple Site and Cheongju Early Printing Museum in Cheongjun City, Cheongnamdae (Presidential Summer House) and Sangsoo Herb Land in Cheongwon City, 8 Beautiful Scenes of Danyang in Danyang City, Suanbo hot spring in Chungju City and Cheongpung Cultural Heritage Park in Jecheon City.
- Chungbuk belongs to the Chunghceong tourist zone, which is one of the 5 major tourist areas. The Chungcheong tourist zone consists of the Chungju Lake tourist zone in the north and Cheongju-Sokrisan tourist zone in the south.
- In the south, it has its core tourist resource Sokrisan National Park which is famous for Beopjusa, one of the biggest temples in Chungcheong area, Jeongipum Pine Tree, and Nangye Korean instrument-making village which has inherited the spirit of Mater Park Yeon (whose pen-name was Nangye).
- Danyang County is famous for Danyang Gosu Cave, a limestone cave, which is listed as the country's "Natural Monument No. 256. Suanbo Hot Spring Complex is loved as a four season tourist destination by many tourists as it houses a ski resort and other accommodations.