Guide to aliens registration
Those subject to the requirement for issuance of a foreigner registration card.
- Long-term (for 91 days or more) visa, who intend to stay for longer than 90 days
- A short-term visa or no visa, who intend to stay for longer than 90 days by obtaining the relevant permission
- An individual who intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days after having lost his/her nationality as a Korean or a foreigner born in Korea who intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days with the permission of authorities
강조Those exempt from the registration requirementThose staying in Korea with an A-1 [diplomat], A-2
[official business], or A-3 [bilateral accord] visa.
Application for foreigner registration
- Individuals with a long-term [for 91 days or more] visa shall submit an application to the relevant immigration office within 90 days of the date of arrival. An individual who has been granted [a change to] the status of long-term stay shall immediately submit the application to the relevant immigration authorities.
- To be submitted: passport, application form, two colored photos, and processing fee [KRW 10,000]. For individual investors, a copy of the business registration certificate shall also be submitted. For the director of a foreign-invested corporation in Korea, a copy of employment certificate shall also be submitted.
- A resident foreigner age 17 or older must always carry a foreigner registration card and present it when requested by an official.
- A change in the name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number / date of issuance / validity / or the name of the workplace shall be reported to the relevant immigration office within 14 days.
- A change in the location of residence shall be reported to the relevant city/ country / district office within 14 days.
강조Cheongju immigration office
Biha-dong, Heungdeok-gu, Cheongju [1345 / www.moj.go.kr]