Next-generation cell industry
Prospect for the next-generation cell industry
- Demand for secondary and fuel cells will increase rapidly.
- The national goal is to become the top producer in the world with national focus.
- Integration is under way: Cheongju, Ochang and Chungju taking the initiative (six leading companies like LG Chem)
Plans for the development of the next-generation cell industry
- Establish a cell industry promotion center for study and evaluation and technology support
- Develop programs to cultivate experts to secure the top position in the world by 2010
- To establish networks among all related bodies--Ochang complex, LG Chem, universities, research institutions and related companies in the Province
Ripe environment for establishing networks
Generate synergy by setting up networks of industrial- educational cooperation
- Universities: 24 related departments including the Chemistry Department of Chungbuk National University
- Attract handset manufacturers by acquiring secondary cells (ripple effect)
- Maxon Telecom, Telson Corp.
- Generate synergy by setting up networks
Main tasks for nurturing the next-generation cell industry